MIDDLE SCHOOL Grades 7-8
Middle school families can pick from the following options:
- A 5 day Home School Program
- A 4 day Learning Center Program
Our home school model for sixth through eighth grade students requires that students and their support person (usually a parent or guardian) meet with their California Credentialed Supervisory Teacher once every two weeks for approximately one hour. During this meeting, students share their coursework with their Supervisory Teacher and oral assessments are conducted on content studied during the previous week.
Students in grades 7-8 can enroll in a 4-day a week onsite support program taught by credentialed teachers which meets from 8:15 am-1:00 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. During classroom time, students are able to collaborate with peers in Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies, and other enrichment activities that supplement the curriculum. On Wednesdays, students work at home.
In addition to the models of study above, all students have access to the following supports/enrichment:
- 1:1 Chromebooks – all students in grades 6-8 are issued a Chromebook and bag, which allows them to access their coursework, digital books and complete assignments.
- College and career planning resources such as, the California CareerZone website, hosted by the California Career Resource Network, which offers learning style assessments and thousands of college and career resources.
- Computer Lab/Study Hall: Students have daily access to the Computer Lab/Study Hall where instructional aides are available to assist students with their coursework. The Computer Lab/Study Hall is a quiet area that allows students to take tests, receive help on their coursework, and concentrate on their studies.
- After School Tutoring: Students have daily access from 1:00pm to 2:00pm where instructional aides and or their teachers are available to assist students with their coursework.
- Student Enrichment: PVCS offers student activities within the community which may include Sea World, various theater productions, San Diego Zoo and others..