Pacific View Charter has a variety of options to meet the needs of elementary school students and their families:
K-3rd grade students are offered a Home Study Program, led by a credentialed teacher, with whom parents and students meet with biweekly.
4th-5th grade students can choose from the following options:
- Option 1: A 5 day a week Home School Program
- Option 2: Students meet on campus Monday – Thursday from 8:15-2:15 for instruction and support. On Fridays students can choose to work in the Study Hall or from home.
Our home school model for kindergarten through fifth grade students requires that students and their support person (usually a parent or guardian) meet with their California Credentialed Supervisory Teacher once every two weeks for approximately one hour. During this meeting, students share their coursework with their Supervisory Teacher and oral assessments are conducted on content studied during the previous week.
Students in grades 4-5 may choose from the homeschool option or a 4-day a week onsite support program taught by a credentialed teacher During classroom time, students are able to collaborate with peers in Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies and other enrichment activities that supplement the curriculum.
In addition, the following academics supports and enrichments are available to all elementary students regardless of their program of study:
- ST Math, a supplemental tool, supports students experience with spatial-temporal math games. Students will master difficult math concepts and multi-step problem solving.
- Read Naturally Live, an online reading intervention program that accelerates reading achievement by combining the research-proven strategies of teacher modeling, repeated reading, and progress monitoring.
- Student Enrichment: PVCS offers monthly student events within the community which may include Sea World, Carlsbad Flower Fields, Green Oak Ranch Day Camp, various theater productions, San Diego Zoo and others.