Summer Session 2019
July 1, 2019 – August 9, 2019
Online registration Is Now Open.
Pre-enrollment through the PVCS website is open and families will be called to set up registration meetings in late April. Registration appointments will be scheduled for dates starting June 17.
PVCS’ Summer Session runs as an independent study program. Students take 2 classes for the 6 weeks session. Students who wish to take PE must take it as a third class. Students and a parent/guardian meet weekly with their assigned teacher to track progress and complete assessments. Students may work on campus in their teacher’s office or the Study Hall Mon., Tue. Thur. and Fri. from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and Wednesdays from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Our Summer Session Course List is attached or posted on our website.
Counselor Permission Form: A permission slip from your student’s school counselor is required to enroll in classes. All parents will be required to sign a waiver stating that it is their responsibility to have summer classes approved by their school counselor prior to enrolling in Pacific View’s Summer Session.
- Pacific View Charter is a tuition free California Public School.
- The highest math classes offered are Math 3, Algebra 2, Statistics and pre-Calculus.
- Chemistry and Physics are NOT offered during the Summer Session
- Student wishing to take A-G approved Biology at the Oceanside campus will be enrolled in a workshop class that meets 2x per week for the entire session.
- Math 1A , Math 1B, Math 2A and Math 2B will be offered in a classroom setting 5 days a week for 2 hours at the Oceanside campus. Enrollment will dictate if a classroom option for math will be offered at the Moreno Valley campus.
- Students may take only one class for 3 weeks (must start on July 1st)
- PE must run as a 3rd class and takes the entire 6 week session to complete. Only one semester of PE may be taken during the summer session.